Sebastian Car Accident Attorneys
Sebastian Car Accidents
Florida has adopted a no-fault insurance system in which a person receives payments for injuries or damages from their own insurance company regardless of who is the at-fault party. A no-fault insurance system allows those people who are injured in an auto accident to receive payment for medical, disability, or death expenses in a timely manner, without having to resort to suing in court.
In the State of Florida, each person who operates a vehicle for more than ninety (90) days must have what is known as Personal Injury Protection, or PIP. The minimum PIP coverage, by law, is $10,000. PIP insurance covers the insured, the insured’s relatives who reside in the same household, anyone driving or riding in the insured’s car, and anyone not in a motorized vehicle who is hurt as a result of the use of the insured’s car.
Click here to read our Free Car Accident Guide Book.
Florida Car Accident Statistics
According to the Florida Highway and Safety Motor Vehicles, in 2015:
- 2,204 Crashes occured in Indian River County
- 458 Crashes occurred in Vero Beach, Florida
- 181 Crashes occurred in Sebastian
- 36 Crashes occurred in Fellsmere
- 8,387 Crashes occurred in Brevard County
- 1,446 Crashes occurred in Palm Bay
Auto Accident Negligence Factors:
Negligence is considered a legal argument in order to prove that one party is at-fault in a car accident. The following are different arguments that may prove that one party acted negligently:
- Driving Under The Influence
- Moving Traffic Violations
- Failure To Pay Attention
Safety tips for Driving
- Focus On Driving. – Don’t let your surroundings distract you. Focus on the road, and ignore anything that may divert your attention from the road.
- Prepare For Your Trip. – If you need to make a phone call, rest stop, or have a meal, make these preparations ahead of time so that you can focus solely on the road
- Think Safety. – Always think safety first when driving. Make sure you fasten your seatbelt, avoid grabbing things that are not within your reach, and make sure any luggage or cargo is secure in its place.
- Be a Defensive Driver. – Anticipate what others are going to do before they actually do it. This means for example, give adequate space between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
Being involved in a car accident is a serious matter and should not be taken lightly. Checkout our blog written by one of our experienced Car Accident Attorneys about what steps you should take after being involved in an auto accident here. Make sure that you see a medical provider within 14 days of your accident.
In addition to car accidents, our firm handles many road accidents. These include: trailer accidents, bus accidents, taxi accidents, motorcycle accidents, etc.
Free Consultations with one of our experienced Car Accident Attorneys
Our Car Accident Attorneys serve Palm Bay, Sebastian, or Vero Beach. The law offices of Lulich Attorneys & Consultants want you to be informed and protected! Call for your Free Consultation today! Our law firm has a proven track record of winning against the large insurance companies. Call us today! You pay nothing until we win your case for you!