Sebastian Trucking Accident Attorneys
Sebastian Trucking Accidents
In a trucking accident, certain parties may be held liable; however, it is likely that the parties at fault may deny fault or liability. Our expert team of Trucking Accident Attorneys will be able to review the accident report, analyze photos, request and analyze medical records, contact witnesses, and consult medical experts for their opinions to make sure their fault is not your liability!
As of April 2013, the FLHSMV defines the legal weight for trucks as 80,000 pounds and 75-feet long. A trucking accident may severely alter an individual’s life emotionally, physically, and economically. An estimate of 500,000 truck accidents per year occurs, according to the United States Department of Transportation. In 2012, there were 3,428 Large-Truck Fatal Crashes. There has been reported an overwhelmingly amount of trucking accidents in South Florida.
Statistics for Florida Trucking Accidents
According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported the following as of 2008:
- 11% of all motor vehicle accidents involved a large truckM
- 16% of accidents involving large trucks someone was killed
- 263 people died from a trucking related accident
- 677 individuals were killed throughout the nation
Steps you should take if involved in a truck accident:
- Remain Calm: being involved in a truck accident is very stressful situation. It is important to remain calm throughout.
- Call The Police: the first step you should take is to call the police and go through the procedures of filing a police report. A record of the accident is essential your trucking accident claim.
- Take Photos of the Accident Scene: make sure to capture photos of the vehicles that are involved in the accident, any injuries that the parties incurred, and any artifacts that were in the roadway.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: make a formal claim with your insurance company shortly after your accident claim.
Visit a Doctor: be sure to visit a doctor within 14 days of your accident claim. Pain may not be present until weeks after your accident. Therefore, don’t risk loosing the medical benefits that your car insurance offers by not seeing a doctor within 14 days.
- Contact An Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney: seek the advice of a law firm experienced in handling trucking accident claims such as Lulich Attorneys and Consultants. Rely on someone who is experienced and knowledge in the area to guide you through the stressful process.
- Do Not Admit Fault: insurance companies may attempt to contact you, but do not make any statements or admit fault until you have contacted a trucking accident attorney.
Factors involved in a Trucking Accident:
- Drunk Driving
- Failure To Maintain Equipment
- Improper Turn
- Failure To Yield
- Distracted Driving
If you have been injured in a trucking accident in Palm Bay, Sebastian, Vero Beach, our expert legal team will fight for your rights. Take advantage of a Free Consultations with one of our experienced Trucking Accident Attorneys. We won’t stop fighting until you win! Consult a lawyer and be protected!
CALL US TODAY AT 772-589-5500