Vero Beach Worker’s Compensation Lawyers
What is Worker’s Compensation?
Worker’s Compensation is a form of insurance that you may be able to receive if you received an injury on the job. However, it is notorious for insurance companies and employers to deny you coverage of this insurance.
Do you have a claim?
If you have been injured on the job, click here for a Free Case Evaluation. Our team can guide you through the process of determining the claim and what steps you should take subsequent to an injury.
What are the requirements?
When injured on the job, you should check to see if your claim is within the requirements of a worker’s compensation claim. For a possibility to even exist, your employer must carry worker’s compensation insurance. The requirement to file the claim is within two years of the accident in the State of Florida.
What type of accident qualifies?
Florida Statute 440 states that the injury “must specifically occur as the result of an accident in the normal course of employment.” This means that you are likely to have a claim if injured while performing your normal job duties. However, if the injury occurred during a break or a lunch hour, then it is questionable if your accident qualifies.
Six Most Common Work Related Injuries
- Overexertion Injuries which occur when an awkward motion is made, such as typing, lifting, carrying, or throwing and include 25% of accidents
- Falls on the Same Level include slip and falls, stump falls, or a forced rotation fall. These falls happen on the same level and include 16% of accidents.
- Falls to a Lower Level include falling as a result of a collapsing structure or equipment or falling through a surface of existed opening. These types of falls include 9% of accidents.
- Struck by Object or Equipment occur when an individual is injured as a result of the impact between the object and the individual. These injuries include 8.9% of accidents.
- Other Exertions or Bodily Reactions happen when your body responds to some type of object and in response engages in strenuous activities. These types of accidents consist of 7.2% of accidents.
- Slip or Trip without a Fall take place when an individual slips or trips and the individual does not fall. These types of injuries are 3.6% of accidents.
Employment Injury Statistics
Unfortunately, on the job accidents are very common and occur daily. In fact, in 2013, over 4,400 workers died during the course of their employment. Even more startling, is that over 3.3M people are victims of work related injuries in the United States. According to the State of Florida, in 2016 over 55,000 workers recovered compensation for their on the job injuries.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
An experienced Personal Injury Attorney can help you determine if you have a worker’s compensation claim. Our firm has been serving the residents of Indian River County for over the past 30 years. Don’t wait to find out if you are eligible for worker’s compensation benefits. Call our offices today.