Vero Beach LLC Attorneys
Respected Vero Beach and Sebastian Florida LLC Attorneys
LLC is an acronym for Limited Liability Corporation. Florida has its own LLC statute. The statute is called – the Florida Revised Limited Liability Company Act. The statute defines how LLCs can be formed and how they can operate.
Our seasoned business formation lawyers in Vero Beach and Sebastian understand these requirements and the proper ways to implement them. Generally, to start an LLC corporation you must file articles of organization with the Florida Department of State. You must also advertise the formation of the LLC with your local business.
Some companies such as banks and insurance companies cannot operate as an LLC. The owners of an LLC are called members. The members of an LLC run the business – as opposed to corporations that are run by a board of directors.
The advantages of an LLC
The pros of using an LLC include:
- LLCs are generally used because they combine the limited liability advantage of a corporation with the pass-through taxation benefit of a partnership or a sole proprietorship.
- An LLC is usually dissolved based on the terms of the operating agreement or the death of a member (unless other provisions are made – such as an agreement by the remaining members to continue).
- Generally, it’s easier to run an LLC than it is to run an S corporation.
Many professional service businesses use an LLC business structure.
The disadvantages of an LLC
Some of the disadvantages of forming an LLC in Vero Beach or Sebastian include:
- LLCs cannot go public like standard C corporations can.
- There are numerous requirements to stay in compliance.
- While your LLC is generally recognized in the United States, other countries may treat your LLC like a corporation.
- Generally, investors prefer corporations over LLCs.
At Lulich & Attorneys, our Vero Beach and Sebastian business structures explain how to form, maintain, and dissolve a limited liability corporation. We’ll explain the pros and cons of an LLC business structure as compared to other types of business structures. To discuss your business formation issues with a respected Indian River County business lawyer, call us at 772-589-5500 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment.
How Does Remarrying Affect Child Support in Indian River County? Life moves forward after a divorce. It’s natural and healthy for both …
Enforcement of Florida Divorce Decrees Many spouses who divorce understand that when the divorce decree is entered, that they need to comply …
Contested Versus Uncontested Divorces in Florida In Florida, spouses can either obtain a contested divorce or an uncontested divorce. An uncontested divorce …
A family law injunction is a court order. A family law injunction request generally asks the court to order another person to …
Anyone who suspects that a child is being abused, neglected, or abandoned is required to notify the Florida Department of Children and …
There are many pros and cons to signing a prenuptial agreement or a postnuptial agreement. A prenuptial agreement is an agreement two …
The most important relationships after a divorce or separation are the ones spouses and parents have with their children. Divorce and separation …
Lulich & Attorneys Vero Beach Office
- Phone: 772-589-5500
- Address: 1612 20th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960
- Hours: M-F 8:30PM – 5:00PM