Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If another driver causes your crash and injures you, you can seek compensation for your medical bills and other costs. A Vero Beach motorcycle accident lawyer from our team handles these cases and fights for fair compensation on behalf of our clients. We do not believe collision victims should have to pay for the expenses and losses they suffered in a crash caused by another driver.
Lulich & Attorneys provides free consultations for victims hurt in motorcycle accidents in Vero Beach. We assess their options and explain the applicable laws, discussing how we approach similar cases and pursue compensation for our clients. We answer their questions and ensure they understand their rights as an accident victim. Let us review your case for free today.
- Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- A Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Can Take Your Case
- Our Vero Beach Attorneys Pursue Clientsâ Damages in Motorcycle Crash Cases
- Understanding Your Options After a Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident
- The Timeline for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Vero Beach
- How Our Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Build a Compelling Case Based on Negligence
- It Is Expensive to Pay Medical Bills After a Motorcycle Accident in Vero Beach
- Your Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Team Can Collect Evidence to Support Your Case
- Let Our Vero Beach Team Take Action in Your Motorcycle Crash Case
- Discuss Your Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Case With Our Team
- Vero Beach Office
A Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Can Take Your Case
Lulich & Attorneys fight for justice and fair compensation for our clients hurt in motorcycle accidents. If a negligent driver causes a crash and you suffer injuries, we work to hold the liable party responsible. We can take on all the legal details of your case while you spend time healing from your injuries.
Our motorcycle accident attorney understands how important recovering compensation is for a crash victim. You should not worry about paying for your care or other accident-related expenses.
Your lawyer can:
- Explain your options for pursuing compensation
- Speak to all other parties involved in your case for you
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Represent you in court, if necessary
- Gather evidence to prove the liable party owes you compensation
- File a lawsuit or insurance claim on your behalf
Our Firm Serves Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Clients on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Our motorcycle accident attorneys can take your case on a contingency-fee basis. We do not charge our clients any upfront fees. Instead, you only pay us a percentage of your compensation after your case is won or settled.
We can discuss the percentage of compensation our firm receives before asking you to sign our contract. By working with a firm that operates on a contingency-fee basis, you can avoid spending money out-of-pocket. Lulich & Attorneys also offers free consultations. You can contact one of our team members and have your questions answered without paying us.
Our Vero Beach Attorneys Pursue Clients’ Damages in Motorcycle Crash Cases
The goal of an insurance claim or lawsuit is to recover money to pay for all your accident-related losses. The damages a victim could recover differ from case to case, and there is no way to know how much a claim or lawsuit might be worth without first understanding the victim’s accident-related damages.
The recoverable damages in a Vero Beach motorcycle case could include:
- Medical treatment and related costs, current and future
- Future and ongoing care and support expenses
- Income lost from time away from work
- Reduced earning ability due to lasting injuries
- Repair or replacement of the motorcycle
- Other property damages, such as protective gear
- Miscellaneous expenses related to the accident or injuries
- Non-economic damages such as pain and suffering
You May Recover Wrongful Death Damages After a Loved One’s Motorcycle Crash
Our attorneys also handle wrongful death actions. Unfortunately, too many motorcyclists do not survive their injuries. When they pass away, their family is left with medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost income, and other damages. We can seek compensation to help you with the financial aftermath of your family’s loss.
While certain immediate family members may receive compensation in these cases, the decedent's personal representative must file the case. The personal representative is generally the executor of the will or administrator of the decedent's estate plan. If they did not have a will or estate plan, the courts will name a personal representative to handle probate and other legal matters.
Learn more during a free consultation with our team. We can explain your options and how these cases work, and identify the party who will act as the plaintiff on behalf of your family.
Pursuing Fault-Based Compensation After a Motorcycle Crash
A motorcyclist generally has two options for pursuing compensation after a careless driver causes a crash in Vero Beach:
- An auto liability insurance claim based on the at-fault driver’s policy
- A personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver
While most cases end in a negotiated settlement with an insurance carrier, some go to a trial. Our attorneys can handle both options and ensure our clients have representation, support, and legal advice. What matters to us is that our clients pursue the compensation and justice they deserve. We have the experience necessary to fight for your financial recovery.
The Timeline for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Vero Beach
We have limited time to sue for injuries or wrongful death in Vero Beach. Each state sets its own lawsuit filing deadlines called statutes of limitations. Under Florida law, a Vero Beach motorcycle accident victim generally has four years to begin a personal injury lawsuit. The same statute offers two years to file a wrongful death case.
There are sometimes exceptions to these deadlines, so you could have more or less time to file your lawsuit based on your case circumstances. One way to ensure you meet the deadline is to quickly connect with a law firm after your crash. We encourage victims to contact us as soon as their injuries allow. We provide free consultations for family members of victims who suffered fatal injuries, too.
How Our Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Build a Compelling Case Based on Negligence
Motorcycle collisions most commonly occur because of someone’s carelessness or recklessness. In legal terms, this is called negligence. When a driver acts negligently, it leads to painful injuries for motorcyclists involved in the crashes they cause. We must show that the other driver was at fault in the crash to hold them legally responsible and recover compensation for you.
There are four elements of negligence that our Vero Beach motorcycle accident lawyer must prove:
- Duty of care: The accused driver owed the victim a duty of care. This means following traffic laws and driving safely.
- Breach of duty: The liable driver failed to uphold their duty of care by, for example, speeding.
- Causation: The driver’s breach of duty was the proximate cause of the collision.
- Damages: The victim suffered physical and financial damages because of the crash.
It Is Expensive to Pay Medical Bills After a Motorcycle Accident in Vero Beach
Motorcyclists often suffer injuries when hit by another vehicle. This is especially true when they choose not to wear a helmet, which is legal for adult riders in Vero Beach and statewide. Accident victims could require intensive care, extended hospitalization, surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, and ongoing care.
Some common types of injuries they suffer include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Road rash, which is a type of asphalt friction burn
- Internal injuries
- Facial trauma
- Compound fractures and crush injuries
Medical care costs add up quickly after you suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident. Expenses for ambulance transportation to the nearest trauma center and the initial stabilization of injuries can promptly eclipse your policy limits. Then you must pay for treatment, rehabilitation, follow-up care, ongoing care costs, prescriptions, and medical equipment expenses.
Your Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Team Can Collect Evidence to Support Your Case
Proving negligence is only one aspect of building a strong motorcycle accident case. Your legal team can also help your case by investigating and gathering evidence to prove what happened.
This evidence could include:
- The accident report filed by responding officers at the crash scene
- Eyewitness statements
- Video of the collision
- Photos of the accident scene
- A crash scene survey
- Accident reconstruction
- Relevant medical records
- Expert information from doctors, specialists, and economists
- Documentation of damages, such as medical bills or invoices from a motorcycle repair shop
With strong evidence, our team compiles a compelling case to show the at-fault driver’s negligence caused the collision. We use this evidence to support our insurance claim and demand fair compensation from the insurer. If an insurance claim does not lead to the case outcome you deserve, we can file a lawsuit and represent you in court.
Let Our Vero Beach Team Take Action in Your Motorcycle Crash Case
Our attorneys pride themselves on making the legal process less stressful for you. Even in complex cases, we fight for the monetary damages we believe our clients deserve.
We handle every case like it is going to trial. We conduct thorough investigations, prepare convincing evidence, and aggressively protect our clients’ rights. Treating each case this way ensures we have the strongest argument possible for each client.
We know there is no one-size-fits-all way to handle any personal injury case. This is especially true for motorcycle accident cases with serious injuries and ongoing care and support costs. Instead, we must look at the circumstances of the case and other factors to determine the best approach.
There are generally three options:
- File an auto liability insurance claim and negotiate for a fair settlement
- File a personal injury lawsuit and prepare for trial
- Use both of these options concurrently
Your Motorcycle Accident Could Settle Through Negotiations, But Our Lawyer Can Prepare You for Court
Many motorcycle accident cases settle through negotiations. Few traffic accident cases need to go to trial to settle. However, our attorneys prepare for this possibility with every case. You can expect our team to discuss your legal options with you and explain why they recommend the approach they believe is best.
Even when we file a lawsuit, insurance negotiations could continue. Sometimes suing incentivizes the insurance carrier to provide you with a fair settlement offer. They could also discover the strength of our case against their policyholder during discovery. Court-mandated mediation provides another opportunity to settle. If this does not happen before the trial date, we can take your case to a jury.
Discuss Your Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Case With Our Team
Lulich & Attorneys provides free consultations for Vero Beach motorcycle accident victims. You can pursue compensation if you suffer injuries in a crash caused by another driver. Our team is here to ensure you understand them and have someone to help you navigate the claims process or represent you during a personal injury lawsuit. You pay us nothing until your case is won. Reach out to a Vero Beach personal injury lawyer.