Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer
When you go to someone else’s property, you expect it to have safety measures in place so you don’t get hurt. Unfortunately, that doesn’t always happen. You could slip and fall because of the property owner’s or another entity’s negligence. In that case, you could file a claim or lawsuit against the liable party to seek compensation for your injury-related losses.
You don’t have to do it alone, though. A Vero Beach slip and fall lawyer from Lulich & Attorneys can take care of the legal matters regarding your case. That way, you can focus more on taking care of your injuries. Contact us today to speak to our team in a free, no-obligation consultation.
- Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer
- How Our Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyers Fight For Our Clients
- Donât Worry About Paying Our Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer out of Pocket
- Common Recoverable Damages in a Vero Beach Slip and Fall Accident Case
- Unsafe Conditions That Could Lead to a Slip and Fall
- Common Injuries in a Vero Beach Slip and Fall Case
- How Long You Have to Sue for a Slip and Fall in Vero Beach, Florida
- Learn More About Our Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer in a Free Consultation
- Vero Beach Office
How Our Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyers Fight For Our Clients
Our slip and fall lawyers can give your case the personalized attention needed to help you reach a successful outcome. In doing so, they can:
Gather Various Pieces of Evidence
We can send our investigative team to the property where the incident occurred. They can take photos and request video footage of the accident. They may also identify witnesses and ask them questions to get a clearer picture of the factors that caused your fall. This information can tell us if the property owner could have done anything to prevent it.
Deal With All Communication
Constantly receiving emails, phone calls, and letters from insurers and attorneys can become overwhelming fast, especially in the days after the slip and fall accident. The good news is that you don’t have to tackle each message on your own.
Once you get a call or email, politely decline to answer any questions and direct the person to your lawyer. Our attorneys have experience with talking to insurance representatives and those involved with the court system. You can rely on us to protect your rights and reputation in every encounter.
Negotiate a Settlement That Covers Your Losses
Once we have gathered evidence and evaluated your damages, we can demand a settlement amount from the other party. They might give us what we asked, but usually, it’s lower than what you need. Here, we can enter settlement negotiations and go back and forth until we come to an agreement.
It’s very rare that we have to go to trial, but we’re more than willing to if it means recovering the compensation you need. Here, we can present evidence and cross-examine and examine witnesses to demonstrate that you are entitled to collect compensation from the other party.
Don’t Worry About Paying Our Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer out of Pocket
Between paying off medical expenses, making up lost time at work, and handling all your other household bills, hiring an attorney to manage your slip and fall case might seem implausible at the moment. Don’t let cost hold you back when you have Lulich & Attorneys in your corner.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our lawyers don’t take any fees from you out of pocket, by the hour, or up front. Instead, we finance every aspect of your case from start to finish and only receive payment if and when we secure a financial outcome for you.
This way, we can start investigating your case right away while keeping your best financial interests in mind.
Medical Bills for Past and Future Care
While you might think a slip and fall accident could cause minor injuries, they could lead to injuries requiring significant medical care.
Luckily, you can demand compensation for all these related costs in your claim or lawsuit:
- Emergency transportation
- Immediate medical care in the emergency room
- Surgeries or other procedures that require anesthesia
- Diagnostic tests to determine the nature and severity of your injury
- Ongoing visits with your doctor for follow-up care
- Prescription or over-the-counter medications
Our attorneys can review your medical bills and speak to your medical care providers, with your permission, to learn more about the extent of your injuries. This way, we can arrive at an accurate figure that we can demand from the other party.
Past and Future Lost Earnings
Some slip and fall injuries could prevent you from working the same job you did before the accident. If you cannot work at all or in the same capacity, you could recoup the money you lost through a claim or lawsuit. We can also help you seek compensation for future lost income if you cannot return to work in the near future.
Our attorneys can speak to your employer to determine how much income you have lost because of your injuries, as well as your medical team to see when you can return to work.
Pain and Suffering
Without an attorney, you might not know how to calculate how much compensation you could seek for pain and suffering damages. The slip and fall attorneys serving Vero Beach at Lulich & Attorneys can help you determine that value by utilizing our knowledge and other tools.
Pain and suffering can include:
If you experienced any of these feelings because of your injuries, our legal team could fight for you to recover compensation for what you had to go through.
Mental distress can stem from traumatic events, such as a slip and fall that caused your injuries.
If you suffer from any of the following mental health disorders because of what happened to you, we can help you seek compensation for:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep issues
- Constant fear
Any of these issues could result from a slip and fall accident. Our attorneys can determine the value of this damage and fight for you during negotiations to receive compensation for dealing with these issues. We advocate for our clients who endure problems with mental health because of the accidents they experience.
Wrongful Death Damages
Sometimes, falls can lead to fatal injuries. If you lost your loved one in such a way, you may qualify to receive compensation through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Examples of these damages include:
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of household services
- Funeral and burial service costs
- Final medical bills
Unsafe Conditions That Could Lead to a Slip and Fall
You must prove the property had unsafe conditions to file a slip and fall accident claim.
This task calls for establishing that your case involves four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The other party must exercise a legal duty of care to ensure you’re safe on the property. They address all hazards right away and warn all patrons about them if they cannot promptly remove them.
- Breach of duty: The other party knows or should know that there’s a hazard on their property, but they don’t take care of it or warn patrons.
- Causation: You slip and fall and suffer injuries because of this negligence.
- Damages: Your accident and injuries have inflicted financial, physical, and emotional damages on you.
Common unsafe conditions that could cause a slip and fall accident on a property include:
- Wet floors without proper warning from a spill or cleaning
- Uneven surfaces
- Cluttered walkways or sidewalks
- Poorly lit stairways and hallways
- Faulty handrails on staircases
- Torn or loose carpeting
- Broken floorboards
Potential Liable Parties in a Vero Beach Slip and Fall Accident
In a slip and fall accident case, typically, you could file a claim against the property manager or owner. Although sometimes, liability could fall on other people or entities depending on the circumstances.
If, during our investigation, we realize a party other than the property owner could have caused the accident, we can take steps to prove that. We can show the liable party caused your injuries by gathering evidence such as witness testimony. We can then seek compensation from that party.
Other potentially liable parties besides the property owner in a slip and fall accident case could include:
- Construction company: Construction crews have procedures they must follow to ensure their workspace stays secured. When they work in buildings, they must clean up and ensure they leave a safe space. If they leave a ladder in a place that could be a hazard and you suffer injuries by tripping over it, liability could fall on the construction company.\
- Cleaning crews: Many buildings have cleaning crews that come through at night or during the day to clean the facility. If the cleaning crew leaves an unsafe condition, such as a loose rag on the ground that someone could slip on, liability could fall on them.
Sometimes, multiple parties can share liability. Our attorneys can hold each one accountable according to their degree of responsibility.
Common Injuries in a Vero Beach Slip and Fall Case
Victims of slip and fall accidents can suffer various injuries, such as:
- Broken bones and fractures, especially to the hip, ankle, wrist, and arm
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Muscular injuries
- Spinal injuries
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), these injuries can be fatal. We recently saw a 30 percent jump in fall death rates in the United States over a 10-year period.
How Long You Have to Sue for a Slip and Fall in Vero Beach, Florida
You may have grounds to sue for compensation after suffering injuries in a slip and fall accident. However, under Florida law, in most cases, you have four years to file a slip and fall lawsuit. If you bring a wrongful death lawsuit, you have even less time—two years.
Sometimes, exceptions apply, like if a minor was involved. Still, in any case, it’s best to start working on your lawsuit sooner rather than later. Two or four years seem like a long time, but between healing from your injuries, gathering evidence, and negotiating a settlement, it passes quickly.
If you’re too late to file, you may jeopardize your right to hold the other party accountable for your damages. That said, we invite you to give Lulich & Attorneys a call today. We can help you meet the applicable deadline in plenty of time.
Learn More About Our Vero Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer in a Free Consultation
When you or a loved one suffered damages because of someone else’s negligent actions, you can file a claim or lawsuit against the liable party. The Vero Beach slip and fall lawyers from Lulich & Attorneys can represent you through your case. Reach out to a Vero Beach personal injury lawyer.