Sebastian Car Accident Lawyer
Did you sustain injuries in a car accident because of someone's careless actions? If so, you could get compensated for your losses. The Sebastian car accident lawyers from Lulich & Attorneys can fight for your deserved compensation. Do not lose out financially when someone else causes your injuries.
Our legal team knows how to negotiate with insurance companies to reach a fair deal. We also know how to identify the damages you suffered and calculate their values. Understanding what constitutes a fair settlement enables us to fight for damages. Contact us today to learn more about how Lulich & Attorneys can help with your case.
- Sebastian Car Accident Lawyer
- Why Choose Us as Your Sebastian Car Accident Team?
- How Much Compensation Could I Recover in a Sebastian Car Accident Case?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
- Questions and Answers About Sebastian Car Accident Cases
- Contact a Sebastian Car Accident Attorney Today
Why Choose Us as Your Sebastian Car Accident Team?
Lulich & Attorneys has a long history of helping car accident victims recover compensation for their losses. We have advocated for the citizens of Sebastian for over 35 years. With our experience, we can handle tough legal situations that arise.
When you hire our firm to take on your case, you can expect us to handle your legal matters.
Here’s what to know about partnering with us:
- We can file your insurance claim and negotiate for the compensation you need.
- Our lawyers can identify the liable party during an investigation so we know who to file a claim against. If we find more than one liable party, we can seek damages from each of them.
- We can calculate your losses using your medical bills, income records, and receipts.
- We can send a demand letter requesting the liable party compensate you. The demand letter includes how much compensation you wish to receive for your losses. Our team can then negotiate a fair agreement if the liable party doesn’t accept our initial request.
- We can file a lawsuit against the liable party if we do not come to a fair agreement during negotiations. Through a lawsuit, we can advocate for what you deserve from the presiding judge and jury.
If someone caused your injuries, and the insurance company refuses to pay, you want someone with legal knowledge on your side. We have the skills and willpower to stand up to large insurance companies.
The Cost of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer From Lulich & Attorneys
Our team understands that a car accident can cause many financial concerns. For example, you could struggle to make ends meet if you can't work or have high medical bills. To make our help accessible, we don't charge injured claimants anything upfront for our services.
First, we offer free consultations. You can speak to an attorney for free and learn more about your legal options here. Second, we work on a contingency-fee basis. You don't pay for our legal services with a contingency fee unless we recover compensation. When you work with our team, you won't have to worry about whether you can afford an attorney. Instead, you can focus on moving forward and feeling better.
Our Sebastian Car Accident Attorneys Determine Fault and Liability
Under the law, the at-fault party caused your collision, while the liable party pays for your damages.
We use the police report, traffic camera footage, and other evidence to learn who caused your accident.
Our findings may reveal that fault rests with:
- The at-fault driver: If the accident occurred because of negligence, you could likely file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy. Examples of negligence include distracted driving, intoxicated driving, or poor decision-making.
- A government entity: If your accident happened because of poor road conditions, such as potholes or uneven lanes, you could file a claim against the government entity in charge of that roadway.
- A manufacturer of faulty car parts: If the accident occurred because of faulty brakes or another poorly manufactured car part, you could file a claim against the manufacturer.
How Much Compensation Could I Recover in a Sebastian Car Accident Case?
Your case's details determine your recoverable losses. For example, if you have a long-term traumatic injury, you could recover more than someone with a minor condition. If you lost a loved one, your recoverable damages could vary from someone who suffered a broken arm.
That being said, our team intends to recover each of your losses. That gives you the tools and compensation needed to rebuild your life. Compensable damages may comprise:
Your Medical Care Needs
You could recoup any associated expenses if you had to go to the hospital, an urgent care center, or a doctor because of your injuries. Our attorneys can gather evidence, such as your medical records, bills, and other related information, to substantiate your claim.
Our lawyers can also include the cost of your projected healthcare expenses in your claim, so you don’t have to worry about paying out of pocket for treatment.
Any Income or Work-Related Benefits You Lost
After suffering an injury, you might have missed work. Your condition could rob you of the ability to work at all. Your car accident lawyer can seek compensation for the lost tips, income, and bonuses you cannot earn. We can prove these losses by gathering your pay stubs and information about lost benefits.
Any Assistive Devices
You could seek financial recovery for any assistive medical devices you require. These include wheelchairs, walkers, and braces. Our firm believes the other party should pay for these expenses, not you.
Anything You Spent Out of Pocket
Your claim or lawsuit could account for the cost of anything you spent out of pocket. These costs could include childcare expenses and temporary transportation costs. We could use your receipts, bills, estimates, and invoices to learn your needs.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering is a legal term for intangible injury-related hardships. How much you can recover for pain and suffering depends on your situation. Your car accident lawyer in Sebastian can evaluate your pain levels, expenses, and losses to learn what constitutes a fair value.
Your car accident may have caused you to develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression. Compensation for emotional distress would acknowledge what you went through.
Wrongful Death-Related Expenses
We’re deeply sorry if you lost a loved one because of a car accident in Sebastian. Our lawyers understand that financial recovery can’t account for your trauma or losses. Yet, it can offer you the space and resources needed to heal.
Examples of compensable damages in a fatal car accident case include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Loss of companionship, parental guidance, and household benefits
- The decedent’s pre-death pain and suffering
- Any related out-of-pocket expenses
Our attorneys have handled many car accident cases in Sebastian. As a result, we know how to gather and present the necessary evidence to recover damages. When we take on your case, we do everything possible to pursue what you need. We take your case’s outcome just as seriously as you do.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
To file a lawsuit, you must adhere to the state’s statute of limitations. You generally have four years to sue the at-fault party in Florida. You have even less time to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
While our team will try to settle outside of court, we want to ensure we have enough time if a lawsuit becomes necessary. For this reason, we encourage you to connect with us as soon as possible. If you wait too long and the statute of limitations expires, you could lose the right to seek damages.
Questions and Answers About Sebastian Car Accident Cases
You likely have many questions while exploring your legal options. We want you to have all the information needed to decide how to proceed.
You may ask:
Can I Recover Damages Following a Hit-and-Run?
You have financial recovery options even if the other driver fled. For instance, you should have at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage if you carry insurance. This offers compensation for your medical bills and a portion of your lost income, regardless of fault.
Our team can investigate your collision and try to locate the at-fault driver. Then, we can pursue compensation through a claim or lawsuit.
How Long Does It Take to Recover Damages?
We hope to secure a settlement as soon as possible. Yet, this process could take weeks or months. Our lawyers intend to keep your case moving forward, so you can rest assured that we're doing everything possible to advocate for you.
What Injuries Allow Me to Seek Damages?
You could seek damages if you suffered injuries in a car accident and required medical attention.
Previously, our lawyers have advocated for people suffering from:
- Soft-tissue injuries, such as whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord trauma
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
As noted, we also advocate for wrongful death claimants.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
You should seek medical attention in the immediate aftermath of your collision. Some conditions, like traumatic brain injuries, take weeks to manifest. You could have symptoms without even realizing them. Visiting a healthcare provider betters your condition and links your injuries to the accident.
Other post-accident considerations include:
- Taking medications as prescribed
- Attending physical therapy
- Refusing to give a recorded statement
- Documenting your injury-related expenses
- Following your treatment plan
When you connect with our team, we can explain other considerations that could bolster your claim’s outcome.
Should I Accept the First Settlement Offer?
The insurance company's first settlement offer isn't necessarily a good one. In fact, the claims adjuster might throw out a low offer, hoping you'll accept it. That way, the insurance company saves money. Being unsure about settlement offers is a great reason to consider partnering with a lawyer. Our team can calculate your case's value and determine whether an offer meets your needs.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Sebastian?
As stated, we need to learn the cause of your car accident to determine liability.
After reviewing eyewitness testimony, physical evidence, and the police report, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused your crash:
- Distracted driving: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) describes distracted driving as anything that takes the driver’s visual, manual, or cognitive attention away from the road. Examples include eating, texting, or changing the radio while driving.
- Drunk driving: Driving while under the influence of alcohol can impair someone's ability to operate their vehicle significantly. When someone drives with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of over 0.08 percent, they could face criminal and civil penalties.
- Fatigued driving: Driving while tired shares many of the same effects as drunk driving. Fatigued driving could cause someone to veer into the wrong lane or fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Poor decision-making: In some cases, someone’s poor decisions cause an accident. For example, a driver could think they have enough space to pull out in front of another car when they don’t.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving refers to any action behind the wheel that could endanger others. Examples include tailgating, excessive speeding, or weaving in and out of heavy traffic areas.
- Poor roadway conditions: Local officials must fill potholes, close off hazardous roads, and place warning signs near construction and other hazards. If a government agency fails to keep a street in good repair, you could hold it liable for your losses.
Contact a Sebastian Car Accident Attorney Today
A car accident attorney serving Sebastian from our firm can advocate for what you deserve. We want to make the legal process as painless for you as possible. With our team on your side, you only have to focus on getting treatment and working toward recovery. With over 35 years of helping car accident victims, we know how to recover the compensation you need.
1069 Main Street,
Sebastian, FL 32958