Sebastian Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Ridesharing services have surged in popularity, with Uber and Lyft providing a convenient alternative to traditional driving. These platforms offer users the luxury of travel without the hassles of traffic, parking, or the concerns of driving after consuming alcohol. The likelihood of getting into an accident while using a ridesharing service like Uber and Lyft rises as these services continue to spread.
After a rideshare accident in Sebastian—whether inside of a rideshare vehicle or hit by a rideshare vehicle while in your car, seek legal representation.
When you entrust Lulich & Attorneys with your case, you can rest assured that our Sebastian rideshare accident lawyers will take a keen interest in your situation and hold all parties responsible for your pain and suffering accountable. We promise to vigorously advocate to maximize your chances of securing the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- Sebastian Rideshare Accident Lawyer
- Why Choose Us
- How Much Is My Rideshare Case Worth?
- Where Do Accidents Occur in Sebastian
- Rideshare Accidents
- Fighting the Insurance Company
- What to Do After a Sebastian Rideshare Accident
- Did You Suffer Injuries in a Rideshare Accident? Contact Lulich & Attorneys Today
- Sebastian Office
Why Choose Us
At Lulich & Attorneys, our unwavering commitment is to champion the rights of those who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others. We firmly believe that injury victims should not bear the burden of medical expenses or financial losses resulting from accidents they played no part in causing.
We tirelessly pursue justice and hold those responsible for our clients' suffering accountable.
To ensure that our legal representation is accessible to all, we employ a client-friendly fee structure known as contingency fees. Under this arrangement, we require no upfront payment from our clients. Instead, we utilize our own resources to fund investigations and other essential aspects of the case.
Our fees depend on the case's successful outcome, and we only collect a percentage of the compensation recovered for our clients. This approach guarantees that our clients only bear the cost if we secure a favorable resolution.
With over 35 years of dedicated service to Vero Beach and Indian River County communities, Lulich & Attorneys has established itself as the go-to source for tailored and effective legal representation. Our team consists of accomplished personal injury lawyers who have earned national recognition for their steady commitment to professionalism and legal proficiency.
More significantly, our extensive track record is clear from the praise of our clients, with over 180 five-star reviews and countless powerful testimonials.
Our Sebastian office is conveniently located on the Northeast corner of Main Street and Palmetto Avenue, just east of Sebastian Public Works at:
1069 Main Street
Sebastian, FL 32958
We also have an office location in Vero Beach.
How Much Is My Rideshare Case Worth?
Compensation for rideshare accidents varies widely based on the extent of injuries, the circumstances of the collision, and the determination of fault, whether it involves the rideshare driver, another party, or even corporations like Uber and Lyft. Each case is unique.
Considering the comprehensive insurance coverage of rideshare companies, settlements for incidents involving their vehicles tend to be more substantial than those involving regular vehicles.
Minor injury cases might settle for a few thousand to tens of thousands, while severe injury or wrongful death cases involving a rideshare vehicle can result in settlements or verdicts ranging from hundreds of thousands to even millions, thanks to their robust insurance policies.
Even still, numerous factors influence the settlement amount in a rideshare accident lawsuit:
- Medical costs: The severity of your injuries directly impacts your medical expenses, which in turn affects potential compensation. More severe injuries typically lead to higher medical bills and, subsequently, greater possible compensation.
- Lost income: If your injuries have prevented you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for lost income. This includes time missed due to attending medical appointments or because you cannot physically go to work and perform your regular duties.
- Pain and suffering: This aspect is more subjective, considering the type of injuries sustained and their impact on your daily life. Physical and emotional pain and suffering include mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Driver status: This refers to whether the rideshare driver was on duty when the accident occurred. If they weren’t, their own auto insurance policy will cover the accident, not the rideshare company’s.
- Policy limits: The rideshare company's insurance policy can cap the amount recoverable. However, you may draw compensation from other at-fault parties, if any.
Some of the most common rideshare accidents include:
- Vehicle collisions: After hailing an Uber or Lyft, as you settle into the vehicle. However, before reaching your destination, a collision occurs. Unfortunately, rideshare drivers, compensated per ride, often rush to collect the next fare, leading to potential risks. Speeding, reckless driving, and risky maneuvers to save time are common. The rideshare company's million-dollar insurance policy may cover passengers injured in an accident due to a rideshare driver. However, ensuring full compensation for your losses is a separate challenge requiring the services of a Sebastian rideshare accident attorney.
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents: The urgency rideshare drivers can exhibit doesn't just endanger passengers but the wider public. Vulnerable road users, such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists, often bear the brunt of face rideshare collisions, leading to severe injuries.
Whether you were a passenger in a rideshare, a pedestrian, or in your personal vehicle when the accident happened, we can hold a negligent driver liable for your losses.
Causes of Rideshare Accidents
What is causing the rise in rideshare accidents?
- Distracted driving: Rideshare drivers face unique distractions. They must manage the rideshare app, which provides critical information about passengers and pick-up and drop-off points. Additionally, conversing with passengers diverts their attention from the road, increasing the risk of accidents. These combined distractions can significantly compromise their ability to drive safely.
- Unfamiliar routes: Rideshare drivers, especially those in new or less-traveled areas, may not be well-acquainted with the routes. This lack of familiarity can lead to uncertain driving behavior, including sudden stops and unexpected turns. Such unpredictability can catch other road users off guard and potentially lead to accidents.
- Driver fatigue: The demanding nature of rideshare work, with extensive and irregular shifts, can lead to driver fatigue. Many rideshare trips occur during the early hours or late at night, when drivers are more likely to grow fatigued. Studies have shown that fatigued driving is just as dangerous as driving under the influence.
- Unsafe pick-up locations: The emphasis on prompt pick-ups can lead drivers to make hasty choices in selecting pick-up spots. This may involve partially blocking main roads or obstructing intersections. Such improvised parking practices can be dangerous for other vehicles and pedestrians and can contribute to accidents.
- Speeding: Whether due to oversight, a lack of awareness of speed limits, or a desire to serve as many customers as possible, rideshare drivers may unintentionally exceed safe speeds. This not only increases the risk of accidents but also increases the potential for more severe damages in the event of a collision.
- Vehicle maintenance: While both Lyft and Uber have initial vehicle maintenance requirements for drivers, there is no guarantee that drivers will continue to uphold these standards. Neglecting routine maintenance can lead to malfunctions and issues, such as brake problems, tire wear, or engine troubles, all of which can contribute to accidents on the road.
Common Rideshare Accident Injuries
Some common injuries our clients have from rideshare crashes include:
- Neck and whiplash injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Head Injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Emotional injuries
Fighting the Insurance Company
A rideshare accident often means facing a daunting battle with insurance companies. Multiple insurance providers make these situations particularly complex.
Driven by profit motives, these companies often minimize their financial obligations by settling claims for the least amount possible. This often leads to various tactics aimed at undervaluing or even outright denying legitimate rideshare accident claims. Protect your rights and ensure you receive the rightful compensation. The best step is to hire your own Sebastian rideshare accident attorney.
Insurance companies frequently employ tactics that can put accident victims at a disadvantage. After a rideshare accident, you may encounter strategies such as offering quick but low settlements, requesting recorded statements, using delay tactics, twisting your statements against you, downplaying the severity of injuries, blaming external factors, and even mining social media for information to use against you.
However, rest assured with a Sebastian rideshare accident lawyer on your side, you won't have to directly engage with the insurance company. Your attorney will serve as your advocate, handling all communications with them on your behalf. This alleviates the stress and burden on you, upholds your rights, and ensures you have the best chance at securing the compensation you rightfully deserve.
What to Do After a Sebastian Rideshare Accident
After experiencing a rideshare accident, seeking immediate medical attention is undoubtedly your first priority. However, the steps you take after that initial visit play a pivotal role in the success of your case.
Even if you already sought medical assistance, several crucial actions can bolster your case and recover the injury compensation you deserve:
- Follow your treatment plan: Adhere faithfully to your doctor's treatment plan. Consistently attending appointments, undergoing recommended procedures, and taking prescribed medications not only aids your recovery but also establishes a clear medical record that substantiates your claim.
- Keep all receipts: Carefully document every expense associated with your accident and subsequent recovery. This includes tracking medical bills, prescription costs, rehabilitation expenses, and any other out-of-pocket expenditures incurred due to the accident. These receipts serve as tangible proof of the financial impact the accident has had on you.
- Maintain a journal: Keep a detailed journal that chronicles your pain levels, emotional challenges, and how your injuries have affected your day-to-day life. This personal account can serve as compelling evidence of your pain and suffering, providing profound insight into your journey toward recovery.
- Obtain accident reports: Acquiring an official accident report can provide critical details about the incident, including contributing factors, road conditions, and statements from the parties involved.
- Share documentation with your attorney: Once you gather your medical records, receipts, journal entries, accident reports, and witness information, bring these documents to your Sebastian rideshare accident attorney. These materials empower them to construct robust arguments supporting your full and fair compensation.
Did You Suffer Injuries in a Rideshare Accident? Contact Lulich & Attorneys Today
Suppose you or a loved one has suffered significant injuries in an accident due to another party's negligence or misconduct. In that case, we urge you to reach out to Lulich & Attorneys promptly for a complimentary consultation.
Our dedicated Sebastian personal injury attorneys are here to serve victims of various personal injuries throughout Vero Beach, Sebastian, and the surrounding areas.
Contact Lulich & Attorneys today at (772) 492-4611 or online.