Sebastian Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
For many of our clients, motorcycling isn't simply a mode of transportation; it's a lifestyle. While driving on Sebastian’s scenic roads on a bike offers thrills, it also carries a significant risk of injury.
In many cases, inattentive drivers fail to see the motorcyclist. This bias against motorcyclists often affects how the applicable insurance company handles a motorcycle accident case and, if you go to trial, the jury. Insurers often attempt to use the assumption of risk as a defense to skirt liability for the injuries their insured caused. They argue that motorcycle riders assume the risk of injury, considering the dangers associated with riding their bikes.
However, an experienced Sebastian motorcycle accident attorney can quickly spot these biases and craft a strategy to overcome threats to your injury claim.
At Lulich & Attorneys, our dedicated team of attorneys proudly serves motorcycle accident victims in Vero Beach, Sebastian, and the surrounding areas.
- Sebastian Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
- How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
- Where Do Motorcycle Accidents Occur in Sebastian
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Fighting the Insurance Company
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
- Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Lulich & Attorneys Today
- Sebastian Office
Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
When it comes to representing clients who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others, Lulich & Attorneys is committed to securing fair and just compensation. We firmly believe that individuals harmed through no fault of their own should not bear the financial burden of their medical expenses or other accident-related losses. Instead, we make it our mission to hold accountable those responsible for causing harm.
With over 35 years of dedicated service to injured clients in Vero Beach and Indian River County, we have earned a reputation as a trusted and effective source for personalized legal representation.
Our team includes accomplished personal injury lawyers who have received national recognition for their outstanding professionalism and legal skills. More significantly, we have garnered over 180 five-star reviews and received numerous powerful testimonials from satisfied clients.
Our Sebastian office is conveniently located on the Northeast corner of Main Street and Palmetto Avenue, just east of Sebastian Public Works at:
1069 Main Street
Sebastian, FL 32958
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
It's common to wonder how much your motorcycle accident case is worth. The best way to determine its potential value is to meet with a Sebastian motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after sustaining your injuries.
The value of a motorcycle accident case can vary widely depending on:
- The extent of injuries: The severity and long-term effects of your injuries play a significant role in determining the value of your case. More severe injuries may lead to higher compensation due to extensive medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and potential loss of earnings.
- Medical expenses: This includes all past and anticipated medical bills related to your injuries, such as surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, therapy, and any ongoing medical treatment.
- Lost income and future earnings: If your injuries resulted in time away from work due to medical care, doctor's appointments, or limited physical abilities, you can seek compensation for lost income. If your injuries will affect your ability to earn a living, we can factor this into your claim's value.
- Property damage: This involves the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle and any other personal property damaged in the accident, such as riding gear, other clothing, footwear, or jewelry.
- Pain and suffering: This refers to physical pain, emotional distress, and other non-economic damages. Pain and suffering damages are often harder to quantify but are still a significant component of compensation.
- Insurance policy limits: The insurance policy limits of both parties can cap the compensation you might obtain.
Every motorcycle accident case is unique, and its ultimate value will depend on the specific circumstances surrounding your accident. Consult a qualified attorney who can assess the details of your case and determine its potential worth.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
In contrast to passenger vehicles, motorcycles lack the protective features of steel walls and airbags, leaving riders vulnerable in an accident. This inherent vulnerability can lead to severe consequences and catastrophic injuries for motorcyclists. Unfortunately, a single moment of negligence from a larger vehicle's driver can irrevocably alter a motorcyclist's life.
Various factors contribute to motorcycle accidents, with a significant number attributed to the negligence of other drivers.
Given the smaller size and lighter build of motorcycles compared to cars, trucks, and SUVs, spotting them on the road can pose a challenge for motor vehicle operators, heightening the risk of collisions. However, specific reckless driving behaviors commonly lead to motorcycle accidents. Here are five prevalent scenarios:
Left-turn accidents rank among the most frequent types of motorcycle collisions. These incidents occur when a vehicle turning left strikes an oncoming motorcycle. Such crashes can transpire at intersections, corners, or stop signs, often stemming from another driver's carelessness, speeding, impaired or distracted driving.
Failure to Observe Motorcyclists
Sometimes, other motorists fail to notice a motorcyclist on the road. This oversight may result from a driver's inattentiveness or inability to spot a motorcyclist in their blind spot. While blind spots pose a risk for all vehicles, they present a hazardous situation for motorcycle riders. Drivers must physically check their blind spots, and failing to do so may render them liable for a motorcyclist's injuries in the event of an accident.
Lane Switching Accidents
In cases where a driver changes lanes without taking necessary safety precautions, they can collide with a passing or oncoming motorcycle. Lane-switching accidents may also occur if a driver neglects to use a turn signal or engages in aggressive or distracted driving.
Hazardous Road Conditions
Motorcycle accidents can be triggered not only by other vehicles but also by road hazards. Conditions such as debris in construction zones, potholes, and poorly maintained roadways can lead to motorcycle collisions.
If a municipality knows about a hazardous road condition and fails to rectify it, you can hold it liable for your economic and non-economic damages.
Motorcyclists face significant risks when other drivers drive recklessly. Recklessness can manifest in aggressive driving, road rage, driving under the influence of substances, tailgating, or excessive speeding.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents are typically much more severe than minor collisions. Due to the limited protection afforded motorcyclists after a crash, these incidents often lead to severe injuries compared to passenger vehicle accidents.
Even with the use of protective gear, motorcycle accidents can result in:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Among the most devastating injuries, TBIs can lead to symptoms such as headaches, mood swings, memory impairment, and cognitive difficulties. They may also cause issues with limb function, comatose states, altered speech, and profound emotional challenges.
- Spinal cord injuries: Motorcycle accidents frequently result in traumatic spinal cord injuries, which can lead to paralysis. People living with paralysis may experience both temporary and permanent impairments.
- Road rash: This injury refers to painful and sometimes deep abrasions from when a crash throws or drags a motorcycle rider. Road rash also refers to the initial injury and the subsequent scarring after healing.
- Cuts and scrapes requiring stitches: Open wounds caused by the skin coming into contact with road surfaces, often at high speeds.
- Compression injuries: These occur when an arm or leg becomes trapped between the motorcycle and the road, leading to crushing or bruising injuries.
- Avulsions: This is the most severe form of road rash, involving deep scrapes where all layers of skin get stripped away, causing severe scarring.
- Broken bones: Bones can fracture or break when subjected to extreme force.
Fighting the Insurance Company
Insurance companies make the aftermath of a motorcycle accident incredibly overwhelming, complex, and challenging, especially when taking on insurance companies single-handedly. Insurance providers minimize payouts and safeguard their interests, often to the detriment of accident victims.
Here's why facing insurance companies alone can be such a daunting endeavor:
- Complex legal procedures: Insurance claims involve intricate legal procedures, paperwork, and negotiations. Without a solid grasp of legal matters, understanding your rights, the extent of your coverage, and the rightful compensation you should receive can become a real challenge.
- Pressure to settle quickly: Insurance companies frequently approach accident victims shortly after the injury incident, offering seemingly appealing quick settlement offers. While this might seem like great news, these offers often fall far short of what victims deserve.
- Tactics to devalue claims: Insurance adjusters are adept at finding ways to downplay the value of your claim. They may manipulate your statements, minimize the seriousness of your injuries, or dispute your account of events to reduce their payout.
- Limited understanding of damages: Assessing the full scope of your damages, which includes medical expenses, lost income, pain, and suffering, as well as future costs, demands legal skills. Without professional guidance, you might inadvertently omit certain damages that should rightfully be part of your claim.
- Negotiation challenges: Negotiating with insurance adjusters can be intimidating, as they possess considerable experience in this arena and may employ their skills to push for lower settlements. A seasoned Sebastian motorcycle accident attorney can adeptly negotiate on your behalf and counter their tactics.
Confronting these challenges on your own may risk your chances of securing fair compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries. By enlisting the support of a qualified Sebastian motorcycle accident attorney, you can level the playing field and safeguard your rights.
An attorney knows insurance companies' strategies, can accurately assess your damages, negotiate effectively, and advocate for the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
After a personal injury, take deliberate steps to help your claim's success.
- Follow prescribed treatment plans to validate the severity of your injuries and strengthen your legal claim.
- Keep careful records of expenses to provide tangible evidence of financial impact.
- Maintain a journal to offer detailed insights into your pain and suffering.
- Obtain police reports to add objective evidence to your case.
Finally, bring all of this information to our trusted law firm. Our experienced team can construct a compelling argument, recovering the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Lulich & Attorneys Today
Our experienced Sebastian motorcycle accident attorneys bring a wealth of legal knowledge and experience so we can address all essential details. We are well-versed in assessing the full extent of damages, including both immediate and long-term repercussions to your life.
Our comprehensive understanding allows them to pursue a settlement that accurately reflects the true scope of your injuries, medical expenses, lost income, and other associated costs.
Do not allow financial concerns to prevent you from seeking legal representation. You do not need to pay anything upfront to secure our services. Our personal injury attorneys in Sebastian evaluate your rights and advise you of your options for free, so you have nothing to lose.
Contact Lulich & Attorneys today at (772) 492-4611 or online to learn more about your legal rights and receive your free case review.