Sebastian Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
You are strolling down the sidewalk, walking across a parking lot to your vehicle, crossing the street to the mailbox, or simply sitting on a public bench, and just like that, your life can change forever. Sadly, sustaining injuries as a pedestrian can have profound and life-changing implications. Car accidents can result in significant damages and injuries, but a vehicle hits a pedestrian with catastrophic results.
If such an unfortunate event happens to you or a loved one, the Sebastian pedestrian accident lawyers at Lulich & Attorneys are here for you. We will listen to understand what has happened to you and how your injuries have affected your life. With this knowledge, we can present your legal options and propel your case forward to exercise them.
- Sebastian Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
- Pedestrian Accident Compensation
- Where Do Pedestrian Accidents Occur in Sebastian
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Fighting the Insurance Company
- What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
- Lulich & Attorneys is Here for Pedestrian Accident Victims and Their Families
- Sebastian Office
Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
For over 35 years, Lulich & Attorneys has been dedicated to representing injured clients across Sebastian and Indian River County. During this time, we've evolved into a go-to source for tailored and effective legal advocacy, benefiting thousands of injured individuals and their families within our communities.
Our team consists of several highly accomplished personal injury lawyers with respected credentials, earning national recognition for their unwavering professionalism and extraordinary legal insight. Equally significant, our firm has collectively received over 180 five-star reviews and numerous compelling testimonials from our valued clients.
Rest assured, we're deeply invested in your pedestrian accident case and committed to holding all responsible parties liable for your pain and suffering. While we can't guarantee specific outcomes, when you hire us, we will pledge to vigorously advocate for your best interests, increasing the chances of receiving the maximum compensation you're entitled to.
If you or a loved one has suffered significant injuries in a Sebastian pedestrian accident due to another's negligence or misconduct, reach out to Lulich & Attorneys promptly for a complimentary consultation today.
Our Sebastian office is conveniently located on the Northeast corner of Main Street and Palmetto Avenue, just east of Sebastian Public Works at:
1069 Main Street
Sebastian, FL 32958
We also have an office in Vero Beach for your convenience.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation
To determine how much your pedestrian accident compensation might be, it's best to meet with a knowledgeable Sebastian pedestrian accident lawyer.
Several substantial elements contribute to the value of your claim, including:
- Circumstances surrounding the accident: The precise sequence of events leading up to and during the accident carries considerable weight in evaluating the worth of your case. Fault attribution, negligence, and any contributing factors will come into play.
- Nature and extent of injuries: The types and severity of injuries sustained in the accident play a pivotal role in the valuation process, including both their immediate and long-term impacts on your physical well-being.
- Projections for future costs and income loss: Account for potential future medical expenses and anticipated loss of income to ensure that the settlement adequately addresses your long-term financial needs stemming from the accident.
- Relevant insurance coverages: The nature and extent of insurance coverage applicable to your case can significantly influence the potential compensation available. This involves thoroughly examining policies, including those held by the parties involved.
- Expert opinions and evaluations: Expert testimonies or assessments such as those from medical and financial professionals, when applicable, can furnish valuable insights into the nature and extent of your injuries, future medical needs, and potential long-term impact on your quality of life.
- Non-economic damages: In addition to tangible losses, we consider non-economic damages, encompassing factors like pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and other intangible effects resulting from the accident.
- Legal precedents and case law: Applicable legal precedents and case law may provide valuable benchmarks for establishing the reasonable worth of your claim within the context of similar cases.
This isn't an exhaustive list, and each case may have its own unique elements that contribute to its overall value. At Lulich & Attorneys, we are dedicated to a thorough, individualized approach, ensuring we assess all relevant details to arrive at a fair and just settlement tailored to your specific circumstances.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
All pedestrian accidents aren't the same. They can happen at different locations and have varying causes and factors.
For instance, here are some of the most common types:
- Reverse incidents: These accidents occur when a vehicle is backing out of a parking spot or driveway. Despite the prevalence of backup cameras in modern cars, some vehicles lack this feature. As a result, drivers may not be as vigilant when reversing, potentially overlooking pedestrians behind them.
- Turning vehicle collisions: Pedestrians crossing the street face significant risks when vehicles are making turns. Whether it's a left or right turn, drivers may focus primarily on traffic flow and lane changes, possibly not noticing a pedestrian already in the roadway or trying to step out onto the roadway.
- "Multiple threat" collisions: These incidents arise when multiple drivers must come to a halt to allow a pedestrian to cross. While one driver may stop, a vehicle in the adjacent lane might not perceive the pedestrian due to the obstructed view caused by the stopped car.
- Distraction-related accidents: Drivers are responsible for maintaining full attention on the road. Even a brief diversion of attention, whether for texting, snacking, or grooming, can pose a serious threat to pedestrians.
- Bus-related collisions: Pedestrian accidents, especially involving children, often occur around buses during boarding or alighting. Some drivers, regrettably, neglect to stop for school buses as legally required, placing children at risk.
- School zone incidents: Reduced speed limits in school zones in Florida aim to safeguard the numerous pedestrians, both adults and children, present. Unfortunately, not all drivers adhere to these lower speed limits, which can have devastating consequences, especially for a child crossing the street.
- "Trapped" pedestrian collisions: At times, pedestrians start across a crosswalk when they have a Walk signal, but the signal changes to Don't Walk before they can complete the crossing. This can leave pedestrians "trapped" in the crosswalk. When traffic signals shift, a driver might proceed through the intersection without realizing a pedestrian is still in the crosswalk.
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding a pedestrian accident, seeking guidance from an experienced Sebastian pedestrian accident lawyer is one of the most crucial steps an injured individual can take to secure their legal rights and seek compensation for their injuries.
Common Injuries Resulting from Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can lead to a full spectrum of injuries, ranging from minor to catastrophic or even life-threatening.
These injuries can leave victims grappling with intense pain, scarring, disabilities, emotional trauma, and, in some cases, fighting for their lives.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Despite some natural safeguards, such as the skull and cerebrospinal fluid, the human brain remains vulnerable to the immense forces of a motor vehicle collision. Unlike motorists or cyclists, pedestrians lack comparable head protection. A severe impact, whether against the pavement or the vehicle itself, can result in significant bleeding and swelling.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI): While surrounding vertebrae shield the spinal cord, it remains susceptible to injury in a traumatic event. A forceful blow can dislocate or fracture vertebrae, leading to damage to the spinal cord, including bruising, swelling, or even severing. Depending on the level and severity of the spinal cord injury, the affected pedestrian may face paralysis and the challenge of daily care.
- Fractures: Bones have limits to the pressure and force they can endure, making fractures and breaks a common outcome. While many fractures heal with immobilization through splints or casts, some necessitate surgical intervention and physical therapy, potentially resulting in chronic pain and lasting difficulties.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries encompass various types, including bruises, lacerations, dislocations, tears, and sprains. Despite the belief of some insurance adjusters that these injuries may not warrant compensation, they often lead to significant pain, limiting an accident victim's participation in everyday activities or employment. Additionally, certain soft tissue injuries can result in scarring or disfigurement, impacting the emotional well-being of the injured pedestrian.
- Amputations: In some instances, limbs may be amputated during the accident or as a medical necessity afterward. Adapting to life without a limb can pose substantial challenges. Victims often undergo a process of relearning daily tasks and grapple with the emotional repercussions of their disfigurement.
- Emotional trauma: Acknowledging that not all accident injuries are purely physical, some extend to mental and emotional realms without apparent physical symptoms. Being struck by a motor vehicle is inherently traumatic, irrespective of the severity of physical injuries. Victims may contend with depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and body image concerns.
- Death: Tragically, some injuries can prove fatal. Pedestrians, being significantly smaller and less protected than vehicles, face heightened risks of mortality when struck by cars. Suppose you have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident. In that case, our Sebastian pedestrian accident lawyers stand ready to seek justice on their behalf. Given the gravity of these cases, especially those involving fatalities, always enlist representation from a knowledgeable attorney.
Fighting the Insurance Company
Insurance companies make pedestrian accidents overwhelming and complex. While tasked with providing compensation, these corporations often employ tactics to minimize payouts to injured parties. They may downplay the severity of injuries, dispute liability, or rush victims into quick settlements.
For an individual already grappling with an accident's physical, emotional, and financial repercussions, dealing with these tactics can be emotionally draining and legally risky.
Entrusting an experienced Sebastian pedestrian accident lawyer to handle communications with the insurance company can significantly lift this burden. Our legal professionals possess the skills to navigate the intricacies of insurance negotiations effectively. We fully understand insurers' tactics and are excellent at protecting our clients' rights and interests.
By allowing a skilled attorney from our firm to advocate on your behalf, you can focus on your recovery and well-being, knowing that we are handling your case with the utmost care and diligence.
Suppose negotiations stall or we cannot reach a full and fair settlement. In that case, our lawyers are ready to escalate the matter to litigation, providing additional protection for your legal rights.
In essence, enlisting the services of a skilled pedestrian accident attorney empowers you with a dedicated advocate committed to securing the compensation you deserve while affording you the peace of mind to focus on your recovery.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
Your actions and inactions after suffering an injury in a pedestrian accident can impact how much your claim is worth.
To increase the chances of receiving full and fair injury compensation:
- Follow your doctor's advice and treatment plan— including any restrictions on your physical activity or employment duties.
- Save all the receipts and accident-related documentation, such as medical bills or receipts.
- Obtain a copy of the police report.
- Talk to a Sebastian pedestrian accident attorney before speaking to an insurance adjuster.
- Regularly journal about how your injuries and pain are affecting your everyday life.
Finally, collect all your receipts, reports, notes, and anything else about the accident and give them to your Sebastian pedestrian accident attorney at Lulich & Attorneys. We can use all of this documentation to craft a robust and successful claim on your behalf.
Lulich & Attorneys is Here for Pedestrian Accident Victims and Their Families
Pedestrian accident injuries are often life-changing. You deserve compensation for your damages, and our firm is here to help. Contact Lulich & Attorneys today at (772) 492-4611 or online for your no-obligation case consultation with one of our experienced Sebastian personal injury lawyers.