Sebastian Premises Liability Lawyer
Property owners must ensure the safety and well-being of anyone on their premises. Unfortunately, some neglect this responsibility, leading to hazardous environments that pose significant risks of personal injury.
Negligence in property maintenance can have severe consequences for unsuspecting individuals. An injured party's legal right is to hold such property owners accountable for their lapse in duty and seek rightful compensation for any resulting harm or suffering.
At Lulich & Attorneys, your case isn't just another file—it's our priority. We work tirelessly to ensure all responsible parties are liable for your pain and suffering. Our Sebastian Premises Liability Lawyer will fight vigorously to maximize your chances of receiving the compensation you rightfully deserve after sustaining an injury in a premises liability incident.
- Sebastian Premises Liability Lawyer
- Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
- How Much Is My Premises Liability Case Worth?
- Where Do Premises Liability Accidents Occur in Sebastian
- Premises Liability Claims
- Types of Premises Liability Injury Accidents
- Fighting the Insurance Company
- What to Do After a Premises Liability Accident
- Let Lulich & Attorneys Handle Your Premises Liability Claim
- Sebastian Office
Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
When you choose Lulich & Attorneys, you're selecting a team that staunchly advocates for your rights in the face of negligence-caused injuries. We firmly believe that victims shouldn't bear the burden of medical expenses or financial losses from accidents they didn't cause. Our mission is to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
With over 35 years of dedicated service to injured clients in Vero Beach and Indian River County, we've earned the trust of thousands in our community. Our team boasts top-ranked, nationally recognized personal injury lawyers known for their unwavering professionalism and legal experience. What truly sets us apart are the 180+ five-star reviews and numerous heartfelt testimonials from our clients.
Choosing our legal representation means you won't face any upfront costs. We cover the expenses for investigations and other case-related tasks. Our fee depends on successfully recovering compensation for you. This means you only pay if we secure a favorable outcome.
If you or a loved one has endured serious injuries due to someone else's negligence in Sebastian, contact us promptly for a complimentary consultation.
Our Sebastian office is conveniently located on the Northeast corner of Main Street and Palmetto Avenue, just east of Sebastian Public Works at:
1069 Main Street
Sebastian, FL 32958
How Much Is My Premises Liability Case Worth?
Determining the value of a premises liability case depends on the extent and severity of the injuries, the impact on your daily life, medical expenses, lost income, and potential future costs. Factors like liability (whether the property owner was clearly at fault), available insurance coverage, and any shared responsibility for the incident can influence the case's worth.
After learning of your injuries, consult a skilled Sebastian premises liability attorney as soon as possible.
An attorney can assess the specific details of your case and provide an estimation of its potential value. They will consider all relevant aspects to understand what compensation you may pursue. Remember that each case is unique, and an attorney's experience is invaluable in accurately evaluating the worth of your premises liability claim.
Premises Liability Claims
Premises liability pertains to the legal obligation of property owners, caretakers, or occupants to uphold a reasonably safe environment for visitors or guests. Should an individual sustain injuries due to a hazardous condition on the property, the property owner or occupant may bear legal responsibility for resulting damages. This principle applies across various property types, encompassing residences, commercial establishments, public areas, and more.
The degree of the property owner's liability hinges on the property's nature, the relationship between the injured party and the property owner, and whether the owner was aware or should have been aware of the hazardous condition.
Premises liability laws safeguard individuals invited or permitted on a property, ensuring they have recourse following preventable harm arising from negligence or unsafe circumstances. Suppose an individual sustains injuries on someone else's property due to unsafe conditions. In that case, they may seek compensation for their injuries and associated damages through a premises liability claim.
Common Hazardous Conditions and Liability
Being present in various locations can sometimes lead to unforeseen hazards, resulting in injuries. Property owners bear a responsibility to maintain safe premises.
Here are instances where invitees (those legally allowed to be on a property) have successfully held property owners liable for their injuries:
- Sidewalks and curbs: Uneven or broken sidewalks may lead to trips or slips, potentially causing injuries. Property owners can be held liable, except if the danger is open and obvious.
- Customer parking: Business owners may be liable for hazardous conditions in parking lots they don't own, especially if they encourage or instruct customers to use them.
- Windows: Injuries from broken glass can be severe, requiring medical attention. Victims must establish that the owner knew of the window defect or received prior notice but didn't rectify the issue.
- Doors: Malfunctioning doors can injure people. However, the injured party must prove that the property owner or caretaker knew or should have reasonably known about the hazard.
- Passageways and aisles: Items obstructing pathways can lead to significant injuries. Store owners must maintain clear aisles, and victims have successfully claimed damages for hazards like objects blocking walkways that led to their injuries.
- Hazardous floor conditions: Slip and trip accidents are common due to floor surface issues. Injuries often result from a failure in duty of care, such as inadequate maintenance or delayed cleaning.
- Stairways and steps: Construction codes dictate how stairs are built. Violations, like missing handrails or inadequate lighting, can be evidence of negligence. Debris on stairs can also lead to liability.
- Incorrectly installed equipment: Improperly installed fixtures like ceiling fans or dishwashers can pose risks. In such cases, prior knowledge of the hazard may not be necessary to establish liability.
Types of Premises Liability Injury Accidents
Premises liability incidents encompass various situations where individuals sustain physical harm due to unsafe conditions on another party's property.
Here's a breakdown of various types of premises liability injury accidents:
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and falls are one of the most common premises liability accidents, often occurring when individuals slip on wet floors, uneven surfaces, or debris. These underestimated accidents often result in surprisingly severe injuries like fractures, sprains, or head trauma.
- Trip and fall accidents: These incidents involve individuals tripping over obstacles, damaged flooring, or uneven walkways, leading to injuries such as broken bones or cuts.
- Elevator and escalator accidents: Malfunctions or inadequate maintenance of elevators and escalators can cause entrapment, falls, or even amputations.
- Negligent security incidents: Inadequate security measures in areas like parking lots or buildings can result in assaults, robberies, or other criminal activities causing harm.
- Swimming pool accidents: Inadequate fencing, improper maintenance, or lack of supervision in swimming pool areas can lead to drowning, slip and fall incidents, or other injuries.
- Retail store accidents: Injuries can occur due to falling merchandise, poorly maintained walkways, or hazardous conditions within retail spaces.
- Amusement park accidents: Malfunctioning rides, inadequate safety measures, or poorly maintained attractions can result in severe injuries at amusement parks.
- Falling objects accidents: Items falling from shelves, structures, or construction sites can cause head injuries, fractures, or lacerations.
- Construction site accidents: Even individuals not involved in construction work can suffer injuries from falling objects, unsecured equipment, or hazardous materials on construction sites.
Common Premises Liability Injuries
Premises liability accidents can lead to many different types of serious injuries, including:
- Disfiguring facial injuries and scars
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Knee and shoulder injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Fractures and broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries and bleeding
Fighting the Insurance Company
Never forget that insurance companies are in business to make money. The best way to maximize their profits is to minimize compensation for their claims.
After suffering an injury, expect an insurance company adjuster to call you sooner rather than later with an offer to settle your claim. Even though this may seem like good news, it's likely a much lower offer than what your claim is really worth.
Don’t accept the offer, and don't sign anything they ask you to sign until you have retained an experienced Sebastian premises liability attorney. After you hire a lawyer, tell the insurance company to contact your lawyer directly.
The insurance company may also do one or more of the following on its quest to pay you as little as possible or nothing at all:
- Unfairly deny or delay your claim
- Twist your words about what occurred leading up to and after your injury
- Ask for a recorded statement
- Convince you that you don't need to hire an attorney
The bottom line is that the insurance company is not on your side. After suffering an injury in a premises liability accident, you need someone who will be on your side and committed to fighting for the compensation you deserve.
When you hire a Sebastian premises liability attorney from Lulich & Attorneys, we will stand by your side every step of this process, fighting tirelessly for your rights. Once you hire our services, you don't have to deal with the insurance company. We will handle them on your behalf.
What to Do After a Premises Liability Accident
Experiencing a personal injury due to property negligence is a distressing situation. Take proactive steps after such an incident for your well-being and improve any potential personal injury claim.
Here are the imperative actions to take following a premises liability injury:
- Prioritize medical care: Seek prompt medical attention, even for seemingly minor injuries. Swift evaluation ensures proper documentation and care. In addition, follow your healthcare team's advice for ongoing treatments.
- Report the incident: Notify the property owner, manager, or supervisor if the injury occurred at a business, public venue, or workplace. Ensure the event is formally documented and obtain an incident report. Consider filing a police report if applicable, and secure a copy for your attorney.
- Maintain detailed records: Keep a comprehensive record of medical treatments, prescribed medications, consultations, and injury-related expenses. Organize receipts and document missed workdays and associated income losses.
- Keep an injury journal: Chronicle your injuries, symptoms, and any limitations they impose. Provide detailed accounts of pain levels, activities, events, or hobbies you've had to forgo due to your injuries. This will help prove your pain and suffering and other non-economic damages.
When consulting your Sebastian premises liability lawyer at Lulich & Attorneys, these records serve as critical evidence of your injuries and damages. By following these steps, you prioritize your well-being and establish a solid foundation for any potential personal injury claim. An experienced attorney can guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights to secure the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Let Lulich & Attorneys Handle Your Premises Liability Claim
At Lulich & Attorneys, we will work to settle your claim and know how to prepare your case for trial and achieve a successful outcome. We work closely with our personal injury clients, giving them not only the results they need and deserve but also our personalized attention and compassion.
Our Sebastian personal injury lawyers offer free case consultations for those who have suffered an injury. Whether you're seeking compensation for a sidewalk slip and fall or negligent security, you have nothing to lose by meeting with one of our knowledgeable lawyers to discuss your claim.
Contact Lulich & Attorneys today at (772) 492-4611 or online to learn more about your legal rights and your claim's value.