Sebastian Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffer injuries in an incident caused by someone else's careless or reckless behavior in Sebastian, you can hold that party accountable. Our team's Sebastian personal injury lawyer can help victims seek and recover fair compensation for their injuries and other damages.
At Lulich & Attorneys, our team provides free initial case consultations for victims hurt by someone else's negligence. We can review your case and determine your legal options for seeking compensation. We also explain our services, fees, and how we approach similar cases. Connect with our firm today to get started.
- Sebastian Personal Injury Lawyer
- Lulich & Attorneys Represents Personal Injury Victims in Sebastian
- How Our Sebastian Personal Injury Lawyers Fight for Our Clientsâ Best Interests
- Your Personal Injury Attorney Can Prove Negligence in Sebastian
- Damages Recoverable in a Sebastian Personal Injury Case
- Deadlines for Filing a Sebastian Personal Injury Lawsuit
- Using Evidence to Build a Case for Compensation After a Sebastian Personal Injury
- Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Sebastian Team Handles
- What You Can Do After a Personal Injury Accident in Sebastian
- Discuss Your Next Steps With a Team Member for Free Today
Lulich & Attorneys Represents Personal Injury Victims in Sebastian
At Lulich & Attorneys, our team represents individuals and families affected by someone else’s negligence. When one party acts carelessly or recklessly and causes an accident, it can affect many others directly and indirectly. We aim to relieve victims and their families of these burdens, allowing them to focus on healing and recovery.
In addition to personal injury, our team provides a wide array of legal support and representation. This includes real estate law, estate planning, family law, immigration law, business law, criminal defense, and debt relief.
How Our Sebastian Personal Injury Lawyers Fight for Our Clients’ Best Interests
When we represent clients hurt in a personal injury accident in Sebastian, we fight to secure the compensation they need and deserve based on their case facts. We uncover as much information as possible about their circumstances, injuries, and damages. We pursue a case that holds the negligent party accountable, recovering compensation from their insurer or through a lawsuit in civil court.
When we accept a personal injury case, we protect our clients' rights to pursue fair compensation. This requires us to understand and meet all applicable deadlines, protect against tactics used by the insurance carriers, and take other actions. We handle all communications with the insurance companies and other parties as a part of this process.
Tasks Our Sebastian Attorneys Can Handle
We can handle all the legal tasks when we work on your case. You can focus on your treatment and healing while we take care of your legal case.
Count on us to:
- Investigate the incident and develop strong support for your case
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Determine your options for seeking compensation
- Manage your claim and other interactions with the insurance carrier
- File your case and/or personal injury lawsuit as necessary
- Handle negotiations with the insurer
- Prepare and take the case to trial if needed
- Fight for your best interests throughout the process
We can settle most personal injury cases out of court. We negotiate fair settlements with the at-fault party's insurer, recovering compensation for our clients through this process. Sometimes, we need to sue the liable party. Your lawsuit may not go to trial, but our team can prepare you for this legal action if necessary. We won't hesitate to take your case to trial if that's what it takes to settle it fairly.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Does Not Charge Upfront Fees
We operate on a contingency-fee basis for all personal injury cases. This means we do not charge retainers or hourly fees for clients who suffered injuries caused by another party. Instead, we fight for your compensation and only get paid once your case is settled or won. Your lawyer takes a percentage of your compensation as payment for the services they provided, allowing you to avoid spending money out-of-pocket on your case.
Our firm also offers free consultations. This allows you to speak with a member of our team for free. You can ask any questions and learn how our Sebastian personal injury lawyer can help your case.
Your Personal Injury Attorney Can Prove Negligence in Sebastian
Our team can work to prove that another party's negligence injured you. Negligence is the word used to describe what occurs when a party acts carelessly or recklessly and causes an injury accident.
There are four elements of negligence that we must prove:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a duty of care to maintain, meaning they must behave in a certain way to prevent an incident and injury to others.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party negligently violated their duty of care. In a car accident case, for example, a breach of duty could mean speeding or driving drunk.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s breach of duty is the proximate cause of your personal injury accident.
- Damages: You suffered injuries, psychological harm, and/or financial losses due to the incident.
You can recover compensation in an insurance claim or lawsuit if all four of these factors exist. Working with our attorneys to investigate what occurred and gather evidence is one option for ensuring you have a solid case to support your claim.
Damages Recoverable in a Sebastian Personal Injury Case
Some personal injury victims suffer relatively minor injuries and heal completely with treatment. Others suffer injuries with life-altering, lasting effects. They live with impairments that prevent them from working, caring for themselves, and participating in their favorite activities. Some require ongoing care and support for the rest of their lives.
The severity of injuries is only one factor that affects your recoverable damages in a personal injury case. When our attorneys handle a personal injury case, we seek money to compensate our clients for their accident-related losses. This includes both economic and non-economic damages. We can identify your documented costs, work with experts to understand your future needs and expenses, and assign a value to your non-economic losses.
Some of the damages you may recover compensation for include:
Economic damages are the direct financial losses you suffered because of your personal injury accident. We can collect bills, receipts, tax paperwork, and other documents to document your recoverable economic damages.
Your recoverable economic damages may include:
- Medical treatment and related costs
- Income losses from time missed at work
- Reduced earning ability if you cannot return to work because of your injuries
- Property damage, if applicable
Non-economic damages are the intangible losses you suffered because of your accident.
Some of the non-economic damages you may recover include:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
Since these damages do not have an economic value, our attorneys can use our experience with other personal injury cases to estimate a fair settlement value for your non-economic losses. We can use your medical records and statements from witnesses to better understand the economic damages you suffered.
Wrongful Death Damages
Our attorneys represent families who lost loved ones due to their injuries.
If your loved one passes away because of their Sebastian personal injury accident, certain family members may recover:
- Loss of companionship
- Medical expenses
- Funeral costs
- Loss of parental guidance
Each state has laws that explain who can file and benefit from a wrongful death case. You can contact our team and let us review your loved one's accident case for free. We can help you identify who can file a wrongful death case for your family and discuss your next steps.
Deadlines for Filing a Sebastian Personal Injury Lawsuit
We must meet deadlines for filing personal injury lawsuits. We generally have up to four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Meanwhile, we have two years to submit a wrongful death case. However, exceptions to the statute of limitations may give you less time to begin a lawsuit.
When we evaluate your case, we can determine the filing deadline for your lawsuit. Your lawyer can explain the probable timeline in your case during a free consultation. This lets us offer advice about your next steps and discuss how we will help you pursue compensation with this in mind.
Using Evidence to Build a Case for Compensation After a Sebastian Personal Injury
Our attorneys know how to build strong support for an insurance claim or lawsuit in Sebastian. We understand what it takes to tell a compelling story about what happened, why the accused party is liable, and why our client deserves a fair payout. We gather the evidence necessary to support your case and document what occurred.
The evidence available depends greatly on the case and circumstances that led to our client’s injuries. No two cases are the same.
However, some common evidence in personal injury cases includes:
- Reports filed by law enforcement officers or other first responders
- Eyewitness interviews
- Video or photos from the scene
- A scene survey
- Accident reconstruction
- Relevant medical records
- Expert witness input and testimony
- Bills and receipts that document your damages
Once we have the evidence, we analyze and organize it to tell our client's side of the story. We can approach the insurer and demand fair compensation, file a personal injury lawsuit, or both. Our case management plan will also depend greatly on the circumstances and case facts.
Evidence often disappears quickly following an injury incident. Cars leave the crash scene, property owners repair fall hazards, nearby businesses record over surveillance video, and eyewitnesses forget what they saw. This is why we encourage victims to connect with our team as soon as possible after their injuries are stable. The earlier we start work on a case, the more evidence we can collect.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Sebastian Team Handles
Personal injury law allows victims to hold the at-fault party legally responsible for their bad behavior. The victim should not pay for someone else's mistake or intentional harm. Personal injury laws allow victims to hold the at-fault party responsible instead.
Some personal injury accidents include:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Rideshare collisions
- Pedestrian and cyclist accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Slip and falls
- Pool accidents
- Other premises liability injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Work injuries
What You Can Do After a Personal Injury Accident in Sebastian
After you suffer injuries in a personal injury accident, there are a few actions you can take to help your case.
- Contacting law enforcement: After your personal injury accident, it may help you to contact the police for an incident report. Whether a car accident or a slip and fall accident injured you, you must document the accident and your injuries.
- Going to the doctor: Your next steps after an accident should include visiting a doctor. You will want documentation of your injuries and a treatment plan to follow. Your legal team can also use your medical records and bills to document your damages.
- Keeping track of any evidence: You are not obligated to collect any evidence on your own. Your legal team can be responsible for this task. However, bring any useful evidence to your attorney. They can use proof such as photos from the accident scene or witness contact information as they build your case.
Discuss Your Next Steps With a Team Member for Free Today
Lulich & Attorneys provides free legal case consultations for victims hurt by someone else's careless or reckless behavior. Contact our team today if you don't know your rights or if someone else caused your injuries. Our free case assessments can help you understand your options for compensation and the next steps you should take.
1069 Main Street,
Sebastian, FL 32958