Sebastian Truck Accident Lawyer
Motorists share the roadways with thousands of commercial trucks transporting goods and cargo across Florida. Unpredictable road conditions, construction, and rising congestion make traveling on Florida's interstates and highways challenging. Each year, more semi-tractor trailers and large commercial trucks fill Florida's roads, increasing the risk of accidents.
Given the size and weight of these trucks, collisions with cars, pickup trucks, motorcycles, or pedestrians can result in severe injuries or even catastrophic consequences.
At Lulich & Attorneys, our Sebastian Truck Accident Lawyers experience handling complex trucking lawsuits can assist you and your loved ones in navigating this challenging situation.
- Sebastian Truck Accident Lawyer
- Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
- How Much Is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
- Where Do Accidents Occur in Sebastian?
- Sebastian Truck Accidents
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Truck Accident
- What to Do After an Accident
- Were You Involved in a Truck Accident? Contact Lulich & Attorneys Today
- Sebastian Office
Why Choose Lulich & Attorneys
Lulich & Attorneys has served injured clients in Sebastian and Indian River County for over 35 years. Since then, we have established ourselves as a go-to source for personalized and effective injury representation for countless individuals and families in our communities.
Our team includes several top-ranked, highly experienced personal injury lawyers who have garnered national recognition for their professionalism and outstanding legal proficiency. Even more importantly, we've received over 180 five-star reviews and numerous powerful client testimonials.
Rest assured, our attorneys are fully committed to your case and will work tirelessly to hold all liable parties accountable for your pain and suffering. While we cannot guarantee specific outcomes, we can fight vigorously to increase your chances of securing the maximum compensation you deserve after suffering injuries in a truck accident.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a Sebastian accident due to another party's negligence or wrongdoing, don’t hesitate to reach out to Lulich & Attorneys for a complimentary consultation.
Our Sebastian office is conveniently located at the Northeast corner of Main Street and Palmetto Avenue, just east of Sebastian Public Works
1069 Main Street
Sebastian, FL 32958
How Much Is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
Truck accidents often involve multiple parties, including the trucker, the trucking company, the manufacturer of the vehicle's components, and the entity responsible for loading the cargo. After a truck accident, these parties may shift blame onto one another. This complex web of potential defendants underscores the importance of thorough investigation and skilled analysis.
At times, we may enlist the expertise of accident reconstruction specialists to establish liability and hold the right parties accountable for the consequences of the crash. Our experienced legal team is dedicated to navigating these challenges, advocating for your rights, and pursuing the compensation you deserve.
The value of your truck accident claim can arise from your:
- Extent of injuries: The severity and nature of injuries sustained in the truck accident play a significant role. Severe injuries that result in extensive medical treatment, long-term care, or permanent disability generally lead to higher compensation.
- Medical expenses: This includes all medical costs related to the accident, such as hospital bills, surgeries, prescription medications, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and future medical expenses related to the injuries.
- Lost income and future earnings: Compensation may cover lost income due to missed work and potential future earnings if the injuries result in long-term or permanent disability that affects the victim's ability to work.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages like physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish are more challenging to quantify but are important components of an injury claim. They often require an experienced Sebastian truck accident attorney to assign a value.
- Property damage: This includes the cost to repair or replace damaged property, such as the victim's vehicle and any personal belongings that sustained damage in the accident.
- Loss of consortium: In cases where the accident leads to the loss of companionship or support from a spouse, the affected partner may be eligible for compensation.
- Punitive damages: A court may award punitive damages to punish the responsible party and deter similar behavior.
- Evidence and liability: You need strong evidence demonstrating the liability of the truck driver or other involved parties. This includes police reports, witness statements, accident reconstruction, and available surveillance footage.
- Insurance coverage: The amount and type of insurance coverage held by the parties involved can affect the potential compensation available.
The specific circumstances surrounding the accident will influence the final value of the claim. Consulting our experienced Sebastian truck accident attorneys can provide valuable insights into the potential value of your specific case. We can assess the factors at play and pursue the compensation you rightfully deserve on your behalf.
Sebastian Truck Accidents
Types of Truck Accidents
- Rollover accidents: If a truck driver loses control of their vehicle, the truck may slide, leading to a rollover. This can pose a significant danger to nearby vehicles or those in the process of passing the truck. Such accidents can occur due to excessive speed, sharp turns on curves, tripping on a curb, collision with objects on the roadway, overcorrection after drifting off the road, or navigating steep inclines or declines.
- Jackknife accidents: Jackknifing occurs when a large truck folds at a sharp angle, forming a V between the cab and the trailer. Such an accident can result from sudden and aggressive braking, potentially resulting in dire consequences. When a truck jackknifes, it may veer into adjacent lanes where other vehicles are traveling or obstruct parts of the road, potentially leading to further accidents.
- Wide turn or squeeze play accidents: Truck drivers, when executing right turns, frequently need to veer slightly left to ensure enough space for the turn. To successfully do this, they must be aware of vehicles positioned behind and to their right. Failing to exercise due caution before turning right may lead a driver to believe the truck is merging into the left lane, prompting them to attempt passing on the right. This situation can trap or squeeze the driver between the front and back of the truck.
- Underride accidents: Underride accidents can kill those in small vehicles or motorcycles. If a truck suddenly brakes, the trailing vehicles may roll underneath the back of the truck's trailer.
- T-bone accidents: T-bone accidents occur when one driver disregards a red light or fails to yield at an intersection, leading one vehicle to collide with the side of another, forming a T. While these accidents can involve any type of vehicle, they pose heightened risks with trucks due to their size.
- Blind spot accidents: Every vehicle has blind spots—regions not directly visible to the driver through mirrors or windows. Trucks, due to their size, have larger blind spots. These particular areas on the sides and rear of commercial trucks are often called No Man's Land. Drivers in these zones face an elevated risk of collisions, being forced off the road, or even getting involved in accidents within the truck's blind spots.
- Truck tire blowouts: Failure to diligently inspect tires before hitting the road can lead to tire blowouts for truck drivers, sending the vehicle veering in directions that expose other drivers to extreme collision risks.
- Rear-end truck accidents: Rear-end collisions involving two vehicles can occur anytime. However, even low-speed rear-end accidents can be significantly more severe when large trucks are involved.
- Head-on truck accidents: Head-on collisions with commercial trucks can result in severe and often fatal consequences for other vehicles, particularly those considerably smaller than the truck.
- Brake failure accidents: While brake failure is uncommon in trucks due to stringent maintenance standards, it can still occur. Causes may include inadequate maintenance, improper installation, worn-out brakes, or overheating from abrupt high-speed stops or excessive use.
- Spilled cargo accidents: Trucks frequently transport sizable amounts of cargo. Improper loading and securing of this cargo can lead to it falling off the vehicle, causing severe accidents involving other drivers.
Types of Truck Accident Injuries
The following are some of the truck accident injuries our firm sees in claims:
- Fractures or Broken Bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Burns and Scarring
- Crush Injuries
- Emotional and Psychological Trauma
- Wrongful Death
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Truck Accident
Fighting against insurance companies after a truck accident can be an uphill battle. The immense financial stakes often lead insurance companies to employ various strategies to minimize payouts for truck injury claims.
At Lulich & Attorneys, we understand the tactics used by insurance companies and can safeguard your interests throughout the process.
One common pitfall to avoid is settling too early. Not accepting a settlement is crucial until you have completed your medical treatment and achieved as much recovery as your doctor anticipates.
Accepting a premature settlement may leave you in a precarious position, especially if you require further interventions, such as surgery. In such cases, the insurance company may not cover these additional expenses, potentially burdening you with a stack of medical bills you can't afford.
Another tactic insurance companies often employ is offering low-ball settlements early on. They may approach you shortly after the accident with a seemingly attractive offer.
However, this initial check may not cover all your medical expenses and other losses. Sometimes, the offered amount may fall significantly short of covering your medical costs. Those who hastily accept these early offers may later realize they needed significantly more compensation.
When you hire our firm, we take every action to prevent you from falling prey to the insurance company's tactics not to pay you full and fair compensation for your damages. This is a difficult, if not impossible, task to undertake alone.
What to Do After an Accident
After a truck accident, continue your medical care and document your damages. Follow your doctor's advice and medical treatment plan and maintain detailed records to build a strong case.
- Medical treatment: A prescribed treatment plan reflects the opinions and expertise of medical professionals. This lends credibility to your case, as it demonstrates that trained professionals recognize the severity of your injuries.
- Demonstration of diligence: Adhering to a treatment plan shows that you're taking your injuries seriously and actively working towards recovery. This diligence can significantly strengthen your case, indicating that you're doing everything possible to regain your health.
- Receipts as financial documentation: Keep receipts of medical expenses, prescriptions, therapies, and other related costs to provide tangible evidence of the financial impact of the accident. Doing so establishes your economic damages.
- Journal as a personal account: Maintaining a journal allows you to document your pain, suffering, emotional distress, and the daily challenges you face due to the accident. This provides a personal account that may not be clear from medical records alone.
By bringing this information to a law firm, you empower your Sebastian truck accident attorney to build the strongest case on your behalf. They can use this documentation to effectively advocate for your rights and secure the compensation you deserve. It demonstrates that you're proactive and committed to obtaining a fair outcome for the challenges you face due to the accident.
Were You Involved in a Truck Accident? Contact Lulich & Attorneys Today
Do not delay in seeking legal representation. Florida law imposes strict deadlines for filing personal injury lawsuits, including those arising from truck accidents. Missing these deadlines can bar you from pursuing compensation for your damages. Therefore, reach out to Sebastian personal injury lawyer promptly after a truck accident to protect your rights
To learn more about your legal rights and your truck accident claim's value, contact Lulich & Attorneys today at (772) 492-4611 or online.