Damages in Florida Wrongful Death Cases
No amount of money can truly compensate for a family member. At Lulich Attorneys & Consultants, our wrongful death lawyers work to get clients every dollar FL laws to allow. Individuals and companies that cause death should accountable for their wrongs. Our experienced lawyers are ready to try your case in court. We also negotiate strong settlements if the offers compensate family members fully.
Who are the beneficiaries?
Wrongful death claims are ordinarily brought by the personal representative for the Estate of the person who died. The beneficiaries include the wife, husband, children, and parents of the deceased. Relatives who were dependent on the accident victim may also claim damages.
The categories of wrongful death damages
- The past and future loss of support and services. This includes:
- The likely net income that would have been available to the survivors.
- The value of lost benefits that survivors would have received if the accident hadn't occurred. You may be eligible for the value of health insurance, retirement benefits, and Social Security benefits.
- The value to substitute the services the decedent would have provided.
- Spousal damages. Spouses are generally entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering. Furthermore, they are also entitled to payment for the loss of the companionship and protection the decedent would have provided
- Damages for minor children. Minor children and single adult children qualify for the loss of parental companionship and guidance. Additionally, they are also entitled to pain and suffering for the loss of their mother or father.
- Parental damages. Parents of minors can claim compensation for the horrible pain and suffering of losing a minor child. Parents of adult children can claim pain and suffering if the following condition applies. The adult child didn't have a spouse or children
- Expense reimbursement. The personal representative can request reimbursement for any funeral expenses and medical bills. Thus, it is important to note who pays medical & funeral expenses.
There are strict time limits to bring a wrongful death case. While witness memories are fresh, quick action is necessary so they do not forget. Therefore, we recommend not delaying in bringing a wrongful death case.